9.8.12

Interview with dancer, choreographer Nathan Trice

Nathan Trice. 
8.07.12
at the Peridance Capezio Center

Nathan Trice is hosting a workshop at Peridance Capezio Center this week. I'm sitting in the office, doing officey things, and watching his class working hard in the studio just outside the door. The students are always smiling, always moving. Trice takes a while to teach a long phrase, but then the dancers get to dance full out until they are out of breath. It looks exhilarating. Trice spoke with my after his class on Wednesday. Here is a quick selection from that interview. 

Informal Floor: If you were a prop, what prop would you be?
Nathan Trice: I probably would be a tree or a hat. 

I.F. Do you want to explain?
N.T. The tree...it reminds the audience that there is something natural in the space. 
The hat would be to tell the performer not to think about the whole thing. I would be that voice inside the hat telling the dancer "don't think, don't think, don't think"

I.F. If alarm clocks didn't exist, you would wake up at...
N.T. At this point in my life, I wake up at 7 am.

I.F. The three songs at the top of your playlist?
and
A DJ mix

I.F. Three things that you think are beautiful
N.T. The human body. The four elements. Attraction.

Read more of my interview with Nathan Trice of nathantrice / Rituals on the Peridance Capezio Center blog,

No comments:

Post a Comment